Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thing 7













I previously already had a flickr account but haven't used it in a while due to actually just forgetting about it until now. I was able to upload some of my more recent work thanks to this assignment. I used flickr due to my photojournalism class and kept it after the class due to my own work as a photographer. I have always like the site due to your ability to mark your work with any license you want and to tag your work so its more visible by others. You also can put a privacy block on your work if you want to do that also. I haven't ever used another photo hosting site but am not opposed to it if I find one I like more than this one. I have heard of photobucket but haven't felt the need to try it yet.   In regard to my feelings about putting my work in a public place I don;t mind because I can put a license on it so people can't copy and reedit my work and that is all I am really concerned about. I like to show my work or I wouldn't be an artist.

2 comments:

  1. Alexa, I liked this post because it is interesting to see an artist use a sight made for art. You have a lot of valuable information to share and the pictures that you posted above are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried Saatchi for your art? I like it because you can sell your work on it and submit your stuff for competitions it holds. Flickr can be a lot of fun too though.

    ReplyDelete